Chat   Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Welcome
Welcome to beanoforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Board index » Beano-specific subforums » Dennis the Menace and Gnasher TV Series

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: First Picture of CGI Dennis & Gnasher Unleashed
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:59 pm 
Menace

Have thanks: 38 time

Whilst I'd rather they'd stuck to the 2D design, I actually quite like this. He definitely looks older and the animation quality doesn't look cheap. It will air on CBBC in 2017.

With Jake the Dog
And Finn the Human
The fun will never end
Adventure time

Post subject: Re: First Picture of CGI Dennis & Gnasher Unleashed
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:40 pm 
Prankster

Have thanks: 13 time
Whilst it's certainly different to what we've seen before, it definitely looks to be more interesting than what we saw in 2009 and 2013. From those two pictures the CGI looks to be top-notch, maybe even good enough for a theatrical release. I'm hoping that the 2013 cartoon has been something of a learning curve in terms of the writing, and that this cartoon will have a more consistent quality as far as stories and characterisation are concerned.

I'm not sure how probable it is, but since the Beano has been making an effort to unify its continuity and strips in recent years, what are the chances of other Beano characters showing up? Assuming this show is being made to help with the sales of the comic, it would be nice to give some of the other characters more exposure even if they're just consigned to bit-roles or cameos.

Overall, colour me cautiously optimistic for this new series.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:13 pm 
Menace

Have thanks: 38 time
There has been talks of a Beano movie, according to The Guardian. If this is a success, I hope they make more Beano TV series. TV CGI has come along way since ReBoot in 1994, another CBBC show 'Bottersnikes & Gumbles' also has fantastic CGI.

The animation for D&G is from Jellyfish Pictures, who have provided CGI for Kingsman: The Secret Service, Doctor Who, Planet Dinosaur, Hummingbird and many more.

With Jake the Dog
And Finn the Human
The fun will never end
Adventure time

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:58 pm 
Menace

Have thanks: 14 time
Beano Movie? That'll be the day. There was supposed to be a Bananaman movie out last year. Still in development hell.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Beano-specific subforums » Dennis the Menace and Gnasher TV Series