Chat   Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Welcome
Welcome to beanoforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Board index » General subforums » General Discussion

Forum rules

- Do not post anything Beano-related here.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Does anyone remember Toonattik?
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:46 pm 
Bash Street Kid

Have thanks: 10 time
Does anyone remember Toonattik?

It was my favourite weekend morning show when I was a kid, I'd always get up to watch it on time.

I think it ended in 2010 if I remember correctly. I never saw the last episode because that aired on Saturday, 25th December 2010 and I'd never waste my morning watching TV as an alternative to spending time with my family.

If you only remember it briefly (or have no idea on what I'm talking about here), try searching YouTube for 'Toonattik' and there's some clips there. I was really disappointed when the show ended permanently.

Do you remember Toonattik? I want to know, so comment below!

Post subject: Re: Does anyone remember Toonattik?
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:17 pm 
Prankster

Have thanks: 4 time
I think it was Jamie Rickers and Anna Williamson who presented it? Rickers now presents live roulette shows and Williamson has a radio show on TALKRadio.

It used to be quite good from what I remember but it was always overshadowed by Dick and Dom and later TMI which both aired on the BBC at the same time. Toonattik could never really compete.

I'm afraid you're wrong about when it ended. The show presented by Jamie Rickers and Anna Williamson actually ended on 9th May 2010, as both of them were made redundant by ITV to cut costs. But ITV continued to show the same cartoon block which had originally been shown as part of Toonattik under the name "Toonattik" until the 25th December 2010.

What did you like so much about Toonattik? What made it better than Dick and Dom or TMI?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:50 pm 
Bash Street Kid

Oh, I may be mixed up with some other show on the dates.

I think what made it stand out so much to me was it was unique, kind of. I liked the pie thing at the end, admittedly. I was probably only 11 ish then, can't remember completely (I'm 17 now & 18 in August).

I was devastated when it ended and horrified when it kept the name 'Toonattik', but only had cartoons, no games, pie in the face, or kids. The 'attik' had gone. It should've been completely rebranded or just given the title 'Toon'. Eventually it completely lapsed.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:17 am 
Menace

Have thanks: 38 time
I liked Toonattik, ITV have sort have brought it back with 'Scrambled'. Saturday and Sunday mornings from 7:25am. It's very good

With Jake the Dog
And Finn the Human
The fun will never end
Adventure time

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:38 pm 
Bash Street Kid

BeanoMaster wrote:
I liked Toonattik, ITV have sort have brought it back with 'Scrambled'. Saturday and Sunday mornings from 7:25am. It's very good

Please accept my apologies for the extremely late response, but do you have any idea if this still airs & how long it's on for? (2 hours, for example. Not how many weeks the series is) I've checked my TV guide (on the TV) but I'm getting no results for 'Scrambled'. I would like to give this show a watch if it still airs. Thanks

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:10 pm 
Menace

Have thanks: 38 time
beano150 wrote:
BeanoMaster wrote:

Please accept my apologies for the extremely late response, but do you have any idea if this still airs & how long it's on for? (2 hours, for example. Not how many weeks the series is) I've checked my TV guide (on the TV) but I'm getting no results for 'Scrambled'. I would like to give this show a watch if it still airs. Thanks

It's just started again from it's Christmas break. It airs Saturdays and Sundays for two hours from 7:25am to 9:25am. It's from the same production company as Ministry of Mayhem but is definitely more like Toonattik.
Current programmes are:
Mr. Bean
Horrid Henry
The Powerpuff Girls
Bear Grylls Survival School (Saturday only)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Sunday only)
Adventure Time

With Jake the Dog
And Finn the Human
The fun will never end
Adventure time

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » General subforums » General Discussion