Chat   Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Welcome
Welcome to beanoforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Board index » General subforums » Your Drawings/art

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Billy Whizz artwork by me c. 2009
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:19 pm 
Softy

Have thanks: 1 time
Hello all,

First a brief introduction - I'm Jonny. If you were a member of the Comics UK Forum from 2009-12, or have read postings from around that time you might recognise me. Basically I was a Beano fan and in particular a big fan of Billy Whizz, hence my username. I no longer buy the weekly comic although I do still get the annuals. I actually signed up for the board in about 2011, but unfortunately thanks to a couple of very silly mistakes I effectively locked myself out of my account! Hence the 'II' part ofmy username. If you are wondering why I'm here. Well, I was looking through some files on my computer the other day and found some old Billy Whizz strips I drew, mostly from around summer/autumn 2009. Since these are so old now I thought you might enjoy seeing them.

I drew a couple of adaptations of existing pages from the comic, but also came up with a few original strips. I'll start by posting one of the adapted strips followed by an original one by me (I also have an earlier 'alternative take' of this which was a bit different). If memory serves I would have coloured them in using a set of coloured pens, although I used pencils for colours that I couldn't get using the pens.

For now I'll just put the strips up but I may write a bit more about them later. If you have any questions to ask please feel free to ask, although it's a long time ago now I can still remember a lot of what went into these pages.

Attachments:
Billy Whizz strip.PNG
Billy Whizz strip.PNG [ 2.15 MiB | Viewed 159 times ]
Billy Whizz 001 colour.png
Billy Whizz 001 colour.png [ 225.82 KiB | Viewed 159 times ]
Jonny Whizz II has been thanked by:

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » General subforums » Your Drawings/art